- (413) 748-3485
Athletic Training and Exercise Science Facilities
Elizabeth O’Neill taught at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, in the Department of Physical Therapy (2003-04) and Central Connecticut State University in the Department of Physical Education and Human Performance (2004-09) prior to returning to Springfield College in fall 2009.
- Introduction to Applied Exercise Science
- Management of Health Fitness Programs
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
Certifications and Memberships
- American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Sarcopenic Obesity: Definitions, Complications, and Suggested Lifestyle Interventions, NEACSM, 2013
- Bone Density and Physical Activity: The Role of Physical Education, MAHPERD, 2011
- Physical Activity and Health: The Role of Exercise for the Older Adult. Presented at the Special Lecture Series on National Fitness at the Guangzhou Sports Training and Technical College; Guangzhou, China, 2010
- Bruneau Jr., M., Sotir, S., Wood, R. J., Headley, S., O'Neill, E., Lachowski, S., Paolone, V. (2017, June) “Influence of Aerobic Exercise on Ghrelin-o-Acyltransferase in Normal Weight and Obese Adults: A Pilot Study.” Thematic Poster ACSM National Conference; Denver, CO.
- O’Neill, E. (2016, November) “Strategies to combat Sarcopenia.” The 2nd Annual Joint Speaker Series; Springfield College & Baystate Rehabilitation Care. Women’s Health Symposium: Springfield, MA.
- O’Neill, E., Roy, M. P., Vitti, S., Thompson, B., Matthews, T. (2016, June). “Adaptations to bone, strength, power, and body composition in women with varying training protocols.” Poster presentation at the American College of Sports Medicine National Conference; Boston, MA.
- Boland, M., & O’Neill, E. (2015, July). “Case Study: The effects of an 8-week functional training program on an adolescent athlete.” Poster presentation at the NSCA conference, Orlando, FL.
- O’Neill, E. (2015, October). “Diabetes and Bone Health.” Presented at the New England ACSM conference; Providence, RI.
- O’Neill, E., & Matthews, T. (2014, May). “Assessment and Exercise Considerations for the Older Adult.” Co-presented at the 20th International Symposium in Health, Exercise and Sport Sciences; San Jose, Costa Rica.
- O’Neill, E., Kostelis, K., Jaffe, D., Vitti, S., Quinlan, M., Boland, M., & Matthews, T. (2014, May). “Physical Activity and Self-Efficacy in Physical Activity and Healthy Eating in an Urban Elementary Setting.” National ACSM Conference; Orlando, FL.
- Matthews, T., Kostelis, K., O'Neill, E. Physical Activity Levels and Attitudes Toward Physical Activity and Eating Habits in an Urban Elementary School Setting. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 14(1), 16-21, 2014.
- O'Neill, E. and Wood, R. Sarcopenic Obesity Part 2: Suggested Lifestyle Interventions. ACSM Certified News Summer 2014
- Wood, R. & O'Neill, E. Sarcopenic Obesity Part I: Definitions and Consequences. ACSM Certified News Spring 2014
- Luk, H., Winter, C., O'Neill, E., Thompson, B. Comparison of Muscle Strength Imbalance in Powerlifters and Jumpers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 28(1): 23-27, 2014.