Mary Kate Feit
Mary Kate Feit
- (413) 748-3600
Athletic Training and Exercise Science Facilities
Prior to returning to Springfield College, Feit had an extensive career in sports performance which included time spent as an assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Iowa and the University of Louisville as well as the adult program coordinator at Reach Your Potential Training. She enjoys making connections between the material she presents in the classroom to her practical work experience in the field of strength and conditioning.
- Strength and Conditioning Internship Education
- Effective Coaching Behaviors
- Load Management
- Strength and Conditioning
- Applications of Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Nutrition
- Technology Trends in Strength and Conditioning
- Management of Health and Fitness Programs
- Concepts of Personal Training
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association
- Certified Functional Strength Coach
- Precision Nutrition
- Functional Movement Systems
- Feit, M. K. (2023, January). Securing Meaningful Field Work or Internship Experiences. Presented at the NSCA Coaches Conference, Charlotte, NC.
- Feit, M. K. & Thompson, B. (2023, January). Expanding the Field: Supervising and Mentoring Tomorrow’s Strength Coaches. Presented at the NSCA Coaches Conference, Charlotte, NC.
- Feit, M. K. (2022, June). Women in Strength and Conditioning Breakfast, Empower each other through Shared Experience…Group Discussion. Led at the National High School Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association, Nashville TN.
- Feit, M. K., & Carere, A. (2022, May). Bring Everyone to the Table: How Load Monitoring Can Increase Communication Between Multiple Departments within Academics and Athletics. Presented at the New England Regional NSCA Conference.
- Feit, M. K. (2022, May). Post Session Review: The use of a Reflective Practice in Strength and Conditioning. Presented at the My Momentum Virtual Conference.
- Feit, M.K., Feit, A. E., Rearick, B., Winkelman, N. (2021, September). Meeting of the Minds: The Art of Coaching. Presented for Perform Better.
- Feit, M. K. (2021, January). Beyond Sets and Reps: Creating, Mastering, and Evaluating Your Coaching Behaviors. Presented at the NSCA Coaches Conference, Virtual Event.
- Feit, M. K. (2020, October). Technology use in strength and conditioning. Presented at the New England ACSM Fall Virtual Conference.
- Feit, M. K. (2020, August). Optimizing your coaching behaviors to maximize your impact. Presented at the Perform Better Summer Seminar Series.
- Feit, M. K. (2020, January). Maximizing the mentorship process within an internship program. Presented at the NSCA Coaches Conference, San Antonio, TX.
- Fields, J.B., Jagim, A.R,, Kuhlman, N., Feit, M.K., Jones, M.T. (2023). Comparison of match external loads Across a men’s and women’s lacrosse season. Journal of Functional Morphology And Kinesiology, 8 (119).
- Fields, J.B., Jones, M.T., Feit, M.K., Jagin, A.R. (2023). Athlete external loads across a collegiate men’s lacrosse season. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research
- Kuhlman, N., Jones, M.T., Jagim, A.R., Feit, M.K., Aziz, R., Crabill, T., Fields, J.B. (2023). Relationship between external loads, sRPE-load, and self-reported soreness across a men’s collegiate soccer season, Biology of Sport.
- Fields, J., Merriagan, J., Feit, M.K., Jones, M.T. (2021). Practice versus game external load measures in starters and non-starters of men’s collegiate soccer team. International Journal of Strength and Conditioning, 1(1), 1-8.
- Gearity, B. T., Szedlak, C., Mills, J., Feit, M. K., Callary, B., Feit, A., Bergan, M. (2020). Enriching selves in strength and conditioning society: A multilevel proposal to enhance strength and conditioning psychosocial practice as part of the council on accreditation of strength and conditioning education. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 40(2), 92-103.
- Carr, K. & Feit, M. K. (2021). Functional training anatomy. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.