Maureen Barrett, DPT, has practiced in a variety of settings over her career, including outpatient orthopedic, sub-acute rehabilitation, long-term acute care, and home health care. She developed a passion for treating the medically complex patient and went on to become a certified wound specialist in order to better serve her clients. Barrett has been integrally involved in clinical education throughout her career as a clinical instructor and site coordinator. She worked closely with academic institutions to initiate integrated clinical experiences aligning with course curriculum in both acute care and home health care settings to increase student exposure to the medically complex patient. Barrett now serves as the associate director of clinical education.
- Clinical education
- Student preparedness and behavioral readiness
- Interprofessional education
- Impact of early exposure to medically complex patients on clinical and behavioral competence
- PT Management of Patients w/Integument Conditions
- Clinical Medicine and Pathology II
- PT Management of Patients w/Neuromuscular Conditions
- Integrated Clinical Experience II
- Integrated Clinical Experience IV
- Clinical Experience III
Certifications and Memberships
- American Physical Therapy Association Western Massachusetts Assembly Representative
- Certified Wound Specialist
Barrett, M. Home Health: Breaking into the ICE Arena at the American Physical Therapy Association Educational Leadership Conference, Bellevue, Wash., Oct. 18-20, 2019.