- (413) 748-3486
Wellness & Recreation Complex
Michelle Moosbrugger is a passionate advocate for physical education, health education, and physical activity across the lifespan. As a professional, she has been involved with the field in a variety of ways, including coaching youth and collegiate athletics, teaching physical education, and serving on the Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Executive Board as president, vice president of recreation, and Teacher of the Year chair. She also is invested in research, and has published and presented on topics pertinent to physical educators and coaches. Beyond her own research,Moosbrugger is invested in supporting student research. Above all, she loves teaching and learning.
- Physical education teacher education, including pre-service teachers' self-efficacy
- Academic peer mentoring
- Coach retention and continuity
- Doctoral Seminar
- Motor Development and Analysis
- Seminar in Physical Education Teacher Education
- Independent Study Proposal Design
Certifications and Memberships
- Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- SHAPE America
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education Educator Prep Reviewer
- Gonzalez-Toro, C. M., Losee, T., Moosbrugger, M. E., Stapleton, P., & Drewson, S. (2021, April 16). PETE/HETE Student Teachers’ Experiences Implementing an E-Cigarette Prevention Curriculum. SHAPE America Virtual Convention.
- Groccia, S., Moosbrugger, M., & Mirando, K. (2019). Parent perceptions of a home school physical education program [Roundtable session]. SHAPE America Convention, Tampa, FL.
- SHAPE America PETE/HETE Conference (2018), Salt Lake City - Youth in Motion: Collaborating to Enhance PETE/HETE Recruitment
- American Kinesiology Association Leadership Conference (2018), Denver - Home School Physical Education as Service Learning
- SHAPE America Convention (2017), Boston - Peer Mentoring in Research
- MAHPERD Convention (2016), Worcester, MA - I Get to Choose, I Can't Lose: Self-Determination Theory in Elementary Physical Education
- Moosbrugger, M., & Zimmerman, R. (2015). Peer Mentoring in Research. Presented at the SHAPE America: Physical Education Teacher Education Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Moosbrugger, M., Mullady, K., Rogers, E., Ross, C., Sheehan, D., & Dunn, A. (2015). Ready Set Go! Presented at the SHAPE America: Eastern District Convention, Springfield, MA.
- Moosbrugger, M., & Ilkson, A. (2013). Investigation of a Graduate Student Peer Mentoring Program with an Emphasis on Research. Poster presented at the Northeastern Educational Research Association Conference, Rocky Hill, CT.
- McDiarmid, P. L., & Moosbrugger, M. (2011, March). E-mentoring and Teaching Efficacy in Pre-service Physical Educators. Poster presented at The Teaching Professor Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Li, L., & Moosbrugger, M. E. (2021). Correlations between physical activity participation and the environment in children and adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysis using ecological frameworks. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(17), 9080.
- Li, L., Moosbrugger, M. E., & Liu, Y. (2021). Physical activity participation and the environment in children and adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysis protocol. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(12), 6187.
- Groccia, S., Moosbrugger, M. E., & Mirando, K. M. (2021). Parent perceptions of a college physical education program for homeschooled students. The Physical Educator, 78(3).
- Goh, T. L., Moosbrugger, M. E., & Mello, D. (2020). Experiences of pre-service and in-service teachers in a comprehensive school physical activity infusion curriculum. Education Sciences, 10(290).
- Moosbrugger, M. E. (2020). Youth in motion: Applying theory and best practice to enhance PETE/HETE recruitment. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 91(2), 24-32.
- Ferguson, W., & Moosbrugger, M. (2019). Influential recruiting factors for collegiate individual sport athletes. Techniques for Track and Field and Cross Country, 12(3), 18-26.
- Moosbrugger, M. (2015). Retention and longevity in coaching. New World of Coaching.
- Moosbrugger, M. (2015). [Review of the book Raising your game: Over 100 accomplished athletes help you guide your girls and boys through sports by E. Skolnick & A. Corn]. The Sport Psychologist, 29(2).
- France, T., Moosbrugger, M., & Brockmeyer, G. (2011). Increasing the value of physical education in schools and communities. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 82(7), 48-51.
- Moosbrugger, M. E. (2009). Coaching continuity: Sustaining a 30+ year career as a female collegiate coach. Journal of Coaching Education, 2(2).
Spring 2017 Laurels Submissions
- Michelle E. Moosbrugger, PhD, associate professor of physical education; Anne Conboy and Megan Sargent, graduate students in the physical education initial licensure program; and Kevin Mirando and Colleen Mistler, undergraduate students in the physical education and health education major, presented “I get to choose? I can't lose!: Self-determination theory in elementary physical education” at the Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance in Worcester, Mass., in November 2016.
- Michelle E. Moosbrugger, PhD, associate professor of physical education; Julianna Barrasso, undergraduate student in the physical education major; and Carley Elkin, graduate student in the physical education advanced pedagogy program, presented “Foundations in secondary adventure education” at the Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance in Worcester, Mass., in November 2016.