Michelle Moosbrugger is a passionate advocate for physical education. She was fortunate to have been introduced to professional organizations, including the Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) and AAHPERD/SHAPE America, as a pre-service educator, and was awarded the MAHPERD Outstanding Future Professional Award, EDA Bob Pate Scholarship, and AAHPERD Past President Scholarship. Moosbrugger has been involved with the field in a variety of ways, including coaching youth and collegiate athletics, teaching physical education in New York, Massachusetts, and California, and serving as the MAHPERD president and VP-recreation. She is invested in research and has published and presented on topics pertinent to physical educators and coaches.
- Physical education teacher education, including re-service teachers' self-efficacy
- Academic peer mentoring
- Coach retention and continuity
- Lifespan Motor Development
- Design and Implementation of Physical Education Pre-K-2
- First-year seminar
- Independent Study/Thesis/Dissertation Proposal Design
- Motor Development and Analysis
- Independent Study in Physical Education
- Seminar in Physical Education
- Seminar in Physical Education Teacher Education
- Moosbrugger, M., & Zimmerman, R. (2015). Peer Mentoring in Research. Presented at the SHAPE America: Physical Education Teacher Education Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Moosbrugger, M., Mullady, K., Rogers, E., Ross, C., Sheehan, D., & Dunn, A. (2015). Ready Set Go! Presented at the SHAPE America: Eastern District Convention, Springfield, MA.
- Moosbrugger, M., & Ilkson, A. (2013). Investigation of a Graduate Student Peer Mentoring Program with an Emphasis on Research. Poster presented at the Northeastern Educational Research Association Conference, Rocky Hill, CT.
- McDiarmid, P. L., & Moosbrugger, M. (2011, March). E-mentoring and Teaching Efficacy in Pre-service Physical Educators. Poster presented at The Teaching Professor Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- France, T., Moosbrugger, M., & Brockmeyer, G. (2011). Increasing the value of physical education in schools and communities. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 82(7), 48-51.
- Moosbrugger, M. E. (2009). Coaching continuity: Sustaining a 30+ year career as a female collegiate coach. Journal of Coaching Education, 2(2).
Spring 2017 Laurels Submissions
- Michelle E. Moosbrugger, PhD, associate professor of physical education; Anne Conboy and Megan Sargent, graduate students in the physical education initial licensure program; and Kevin Mirando and Colleen Mistler, undergraduate students in the physical education and health education major, presented “I get to choose? I can't lose!: Self-determination theory in elementary physical education” at the Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance in Worcester, Mass., in November 2016.
- Michelle E. Moosbrugger, PhD, associate professor of physical education; Julianna Barrasso, undergraduate student in the physical education major; and Carley Elkin, graduate student in the physical education advanced pedagogy program, presented “Foundations in secondary adventure education” at the Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance in Worcester, Mass., in November 2016.