About This Program
Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
Curriculum and Delivery
Start Dates and Duration
Paying for Your Education
Counseling Programs Virtual Information Session I
Counseling Programs Virtual Information Session II
Counseling Programs Virtual Information Session III
This Post-Master’s Certificate in Counseling at Springfield College is designed for students seeking licensure or certification in a counseling specialty including School Counseling and Rehabilitation Counseling. In order to be eligible for this program, prospective students should have a master's degree in counseling or a closely related field.
As a student in this program you will work with faculty advisors to create an individualized program of study, consisting of a minimum of 16 credits, based upon your prior education, interests, and professional goals.
How to Apply:
- Complete the FREE online application: Once your application form is processed you will receive an email with your application portal login credentials and instructions for submitting supplemental materials as listed below.
- Essay: In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
- Resume: Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
- Two letters of recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from a faculty member or direct supervisor: Recommenders will receive an email when you submit your application and will be able to upload your letter to your application.
- Interview: Interview is at the discretion of the faculty.
- Transcripts: An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required. In order to be considered official, transcripts must be received directly from the original source, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the college address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
In addition to the above admissions requirements, all international applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to submit:
- Proof of English language proficiency by way of the TOEFL or IELTS: Other tests may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please refer to our language requirements for more information on acceptable tests, minimum scores, exemptions, and conditional acceptance. If your undergraduate degree was earned in the United States and you successfully completed college-level English, we will consider English language proficiency met.
- Please note: Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For this we recommend SpanTran, with its customized portal for Springfield College applicants. World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. are also recommended for your credential evaluations.
The Office of International Admissions can assist you with questions you may have about enrolling at Springfield College as an international student by emailing email@example.com.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis as space is available.
- Application and Supporting Materials Deadline: May 1