Recreation Management Careers and Internships
Experience is a big part of the recreation management curriculum. Students take what they learn in the classroom and apply it through internships at sites near and far.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts
- El Paso Children’s Hospital, Texas
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Rhode Island
- Imagine! Out & About, Colorado
- Longmeadow Parks and Recreation, Massachusetts
- Newington Parks and Recreation Department, Connecticut
- Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation, Maryland
- TEST Sports Clubs, New Jersey
- Valley Blue Sox, Massachusetts
- Western Massachusetts Hospital, Massachusetts
- YMCA Camp Ingersoll, Connecticut
Experience in the recreation management major leads students to find great opportunities after graduating, too. Many students also pursue master’s-level educational opportunities.
Here are where some of our graduates have ended up after graduation.
|Company Name||Job Title||Location|
|City of Paso de Robles||Staff Assistant II||Paso Robles, Calif.|
|Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation||Regional Aquatic Coordinator||Clinton, Mass.|
|Massachusetts Department of Health||Recreation Therapist||Westfield, Mass.|
|UMass Memorial Medical Center (Children's Medical Center)||Certified Child Life Specialist||Worcester, Mass.|
|YMCA of Greater Springfield||Sports and Recreation Coordinator||Springfield, Mass.|
See the Student Experience
"I chose Springfield College for the strong recreation management program they have, and I also enjoy the adventure education experience," said Ryan Brun, recreation management major. "The campus life is great, I stay very involved in a couple of different clubs on campus, it's a great experience."