About the Department of Housing and Residence Life
The mission of the Office of Housing and Residence Life is to create a living environment that promotes academic achievement and personal growth. This is accomplished through a holistic approach that promotes the Humanics philosophy of Springfield College. The residence life staff is committed to the mission of the College: educating students in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others.
Housing and Residence Life aspires to provide a premier living and learning experience for our residents that is centered in innovation, inclusivity, and excellence by doing our best work today with a commitment to consistently strive for a better tomorrow. We strive to foster dynamic residential living environments that support student learning and development, provide opportunities for reflection and growth, and encourage exploration of self and the world at large in preparation for a life of leadership in service to others
- People are important to us and meaningful relationships bring vibrancy and authenticity to our work.
- Treating members of our community with dignity. Everyone is worthy of our time and attention.
- Understanding how integrity (keeping one's word) empowers relationships and ensures we attain our unit’s goals.
- Inspire our communities to make decisions that are considerate, humane and sympathetic by practicing kindness.
- Diversity is what will drive us to new levels of excellence. It is essential to recognize, respect, accept, and appreciate individual rights and differences in people and ideas, while encouraging the development of each student’s unique cultural experience.
- Partnerships enhance our abilities and services and maintaining a true sense of collaboration is essential to daily success as a unit.
- Thoughtfully utilizing human, information, financial, and physical resources exemplifies our dedication to positive stewardship.
- The service we provide is a window to the pride we take in our work. Our service exemplifies our competence, accountability for our actions, and a sincere example of our teamwork.