Dance Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Graduates will be familiar and competent in a number of dance techniques
- SLO 1 : Students will demonstrate command of basic movement vocabulary skills and term comprehension; the ability to move with physical clarity, specificity; and accuracy in sequencing movement with dynamic awareness and phrasing; as well as the ability to move with awareness of and in relationship to others.
- SLO 2 : Students will develop personal artistry: sensitivity, awareness, and presence in performance.
Goal 2 : Graduates will be effective communicators and creative problem solvers.
- SLO 3 : Students will demonstrate effective and cogent oral and written communication utilizing appropriate resources and materials to support a perspective or point of view on dance with informed application of dance knowledge that is anatomically and pedagogically sound.
Goal 3 : Graduates will display innovation and competence in choreography.
- SLO 4 : Students will engage and experiment with approaches to creating new movement; and demonstrate competence with choreographic forms and structuring devices in support and development of an idea
Goal 4 : Graduates will be able to apply their knowledge and skills to practical settings to build community.
- SLO 5 : Students will demonstrate the ability to engage and contribute to current trends within the dance community through community performances, professional workshops or as part of an internship.
Goal 5 : Graduates will exemplify standards of professionalism
- SLO 6 : Students will demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively and well with others; and participate in constructive critiques, demonstrating the ability to provide, utilize, and apply productive feedback
- SLO 7 : Students will exhibit productive work habits: focus, concentration, timeliness, and responsibility