Education Program Outcome (Art, Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, Special)
Goal 1: Students are expected to create well-structured lessons and unit plans.
- SLO 1: Students’ lesson plans will include challenging and measureable objectives with each lesson.
- SLO 2: Students will use developmentally appropriate materials, equipment, resources, and technology in lesson and unit planning.
Goal 2: Students are expected to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- SLO 3: Students will use differentiated instructional strategies (i.e. anchoring activities, contracts, pre-assessments, etc…) based on student needs, interest, or academic readiness.
- SLO 4: Students will use targeted strategies (i.e. manipulatives, bilingual books, cooperative learning, etc…) to meet the needs of English Language Learners and those with special needs.
Goal 3: Students are expected to reflect on practice.
- SLO 5: Following announced and unannounced observations of teaching, students will write (reflect) on the effectiveness of the lesson and interactions with students.
- SLO 6: Students will use ideas for improving practice from supervisors, colleagues, and resources.