Educational Studies, Special Education Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Students are expected to create well-structured lessons and unit plans.
- SLO 1 : Students’ lesson plans will include challenging and measureable objectives with each lesson.
- SLO 2 : Students will use developmentally appropriate materials, equipment, resources, and technology in lesson and unit planning.
Goal 2 : Students are expected to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- SLO 3 : Students will use differentiated instructional strategies (i.e. anchoring activities, contracts, pre-assessments, etc…) based on student needs, interest, or academic readiness.
- SLO 4 : Students will use targeted strategies (i.e. manipulatives, bilingual books, cooperative learning, etc…) to meet the needs of English Language Learners and those with special needs.
Goal 3 : Students are expected to reflect on practice.
- SLO 5 : Following announced and unannounced observations of teaching, students will write (reflect) on the effectiveness of the lesson and interactions with students.
- SLO 6 : Students will use ideas for improving practice from supervisors, colleagues, and resources.