Graduate Physical Therapy Outcomes
Goal 1 : Prepares highly qualified physical therapy practitioners.
- SLO 1 : Practices in a safe manner that minimizes the risk to patient, self, and others.
- SLO 2 : Determines with each patient encounter the patient’s need for further examination or consultation by a physical therapist or referral to another health care professional.
- SLO 3 : Performs a physical therapy patient examination using evidenced-based tests and measures.
- SLO 4 : Evaluates data from the patient examination (history, systems review, and tests and measures) to make clinical judgments.
- SLO 5 : Determines a diagnosis and prognosis that guides future patient management.
- SLO 6 : Establishes a physical therapy plan of care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, and evidenced based.
- SLO 7 : Performs physical therapy interventions in a competent manner.
- SLO 8 : Educates others (patients, caregivers, staff, students, other health care providers, business and industry representatives, school systems) using relevant and effective teaching methods.
- SLO 9 : Produces quality documentation in a timely manner to support the delivery of physical therapy services.
Goal 2 : Prepares graduates to meet existing and emerging health care needs.
- SLO 10 : Communicates in ways that are congruent with situational needs.
- SLO 11 : Adapts delivery of physical therapy services with consideration for patients’ differences, values, preferences and needs.
- SLO 12 : Applies current knowledge, theory, clinical judgment, and the patient’s values and perspective in patient management.
- SLO 13 : Collects and analyzes data from selected outcome measures in a manner that supports accurate analysis of individual patient and group outcomes.
- SLO 14 : Participates in the financial management (budgeting, billing and reimbursement, time, space, equipment, marketing, public relations) of the physical therapy service consistent with regulatory, legal, and facility guidelines.
- SLO 15 : Directs and supervises personnel to meet patient’s goals and expected outcomes according to legal standards and ethical guidelines.
- SLO 16 : Use an evidence-based approach in physical therapy practice.
- SLO 17 : Demonstrates professional behavior in all situations
Goal 3 : Imparts values of lifelong learning, ethical practice and commitment to the physical therapy profession.
- SLO 18 : Practices in a manner consistent with established legal and professional standards and ethical guidelines.
- SLO 19 : Participates in self-assessment to improve clinical and professional performance.
- SLO 20 : Develop individual goals and a self-directed plan for professional development and lifelong learning