Sport and Exercise Psychology (MS) Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Demonstrate knowledge of established and emerging theories in sport and exercise psychology.
- SLO 1 : Students will understand the means by which psychological, social, and physiological factors influence performance.
- SLO 2 : Students will summarize, synthesize, and critically evaluate research in the field of sport and exercise psychology.
Goal 2 : Design, conduct, and evaluate research that address contemporary questions in sport and exercise psychology.
- SLO 3 : Students will demonstrate knowledge of research methods and statistical analysis.
- SLO 4 : Students will develop and test a primary research question related to sport and exercise psychology.
Goal 3 : Apply knowledge of the physical, psychological, and social aspects of sport and exercise to help others maximize performance in sport and exercise settings.
- SLO 5 : Students will apply their knowledge of psychological assessments, techniques, and theories to human performance in a variety of settings and populations
- SLO 6 : Students will develop and demonstrate appropriate interventions to help others maximize performance in sport and exercise settings.
Goal 4 : Demonstrate effective written and oral skills in various formats and for various purposes
- SLO 7 : Students will write clearly and coherently about topics in sport and exercise psychology.
- SLO 8 : Students will present knowledgeably and clearly on topics in sport and exercise psychology.