Health Science, Pre-PA Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Develop a working knowledge of the concepts of biology and chemistry and how this knowledge is connected to human medical science.
- SLO 1 : The student will have a sufficient understanding of the basic core principles of biology.
- SLO 2 : The student will have a sufficient understanding of the basic core principles of chemistry.
- SLO 3 : The student will have a sufficient understanding of the principles of human anatomy and physiology and how they relate to human medical science.
Goal 2 : Learn to utilize the appropriate information, methodologies, technology, and research techniques for the critical analysis of biological/chemical problems related to human medical sciences.
- SLO 4 : The student will gather data using the appropriate methods.
- SLO 5 : The student will interpret data critically.
Goal 3 : To establish clarity for students of the roles and responsibilities of physician assistants and the roles and challenges of patients, while inciting enthusiasm for their future PA profession.
- SLO 6 : Understand medical terminology to describe normal and pathologic states of the human body.
- SLO 7 : The student will demonstrate understanding of the various field of medicine that physician assistants can practice in, and their role in that practice.
- SLO 8 : Students will discuss the behaviors of patients and their barriers and motivations to get well and seek heath care.
- SLO 9 : Demonstrate awareness of special populations of patients and how cultural, religious, and other factors effect access to and utilization of healthcare.
Goal 4 : Prepare students for graduate/ professional phase of physician assistant studies.
- SLO 10 : The student will have a sufficient understanding of the basic core principles of quantitative studies.
- SLO 11 : The student will demonstrate the level of professionalism required for a PA.
- SLO 12 : The student will complete 30 hours of PA shadowing to ensure understanding of daily role of physician assistants and ensure passion for the career.
- SLO 13 : The student will complete 470 hours of direct patient care to gain experience and exposure to patients and healthcare teams and systems.