History Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : History majors will build historical knowledge in their courses of study.
- SLO 1 : Students will be able to identify the major historical events, ideas, and figures in American and world history included in the History and Social Science Framework (2018) for the State of Massachusetts.
- SLO 2 : Students will be able to identify major points of change in local, national, and global history that have made the present different from the past.
Goal 2 : History majors will develop historical methods and skills appropriate to the discipline.
- SLO 3 : Students will be able to collect, compare/contrast, organize, and interpret primary source materials.
- SLO 4 : Students will be able to evaluate the relevancy and credibility of primary source materials.
Goal 3 : History majors will construct historical arguments and narratives.
- SLO 5 : Students will be able to generate clearly defined, open-ended questions about the past and develop research strategies to answer them.
- SLO 6 : Students will be able to craft historical arguments and narratives using relevant primary source materials and historical scholarship.