Physical Education Pedagogy - Elementary
This position must be maintained because it is directly attached to Elementary Physical Education Methods and pre-practicum (PHED 236 and PHED 237) – This required course has a lecture/lab format with the fellow directly involved in both course grading and lab supervision. In addition, the fellow must have a strong background in Elementary Physical Education Methods.
Responsibilities fulfilled by this graduate fellow includes the following:
1) Provide supervision to students during lab sessions
2) Grade class assignments and lesson plans/reflections per lab day - (Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
3) Meet with the students to discuss about lesson plans prior to lab sessions.
4) Field questions and emails regarding class material, lab, etc.
5) Provide feedback to lab students during teaching in public schools and homeschool physical education program
6) Meet with students regarding teaching strategies, concerns and questions they may have
7) Drive van with students to schools
8) Assist in developing content for lecture and lab; gather materials, set up and co-teach or facilitate activities within the class period
9) Assist in the collection and dissemination of the Placement Application Packet, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) for Springfield Public Schools.
Assist with coordinating schedule for community service sessions associated with labs. Includes coordinating required documentation with community partner, Manage student Google Drive accounts as well as assisting in the management of the Course Document folder. Drive van with students to schools. Secondary responsibilities can include scheduling teaching opportunities for the lab experience, collecting CORI forms, assisting the faculty member with data entry from research and/or grading assignments, and keeping files of each student on Google Drive.
*Compensation listed is for Ph.D. candidates only.
Fellowship Required Qualifications
Required Qualifications: Position Requirements: Hours per week: 20 hours a week
Hours per week: 20 hours a week
- Available Positions: 1
- Stipend: $5,000
- Tuition Waiver: 30
- Faculty Contact: Dr. Mara Simon