Springfield College is a transfer-friendly institution and is committed to ensuring that students progress toward their degree in a timely fashion. As a result, we will accept Pass, Credit, and Satisfactory grades for the semesters disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. For majors requiring a specific letter grade or GPA requirement, courses will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis for direct equivalency of major requirements. If the direct equivalency to a major requirement can not be established, students will be awarded elective credit.
Credits that meet the following criteria will be reviewed for transfer equivalency.
- The credits are less than 10 years old (seven years for sciences).
- You earned a grade of C- or better in the course.
- We offer a similar course at Springfield College.
- The course was a 100 level course or higher (developmental courses are not eligible)..
- The course was earned at a regionally accredited institution.
For students enrolled at our area community colleges, our general education course equivalency guides provide a clear sense of courses that will transfer to satisfy general education requirements at Springfield College.
Springfield College requirements that can be met with transfer credit include general education requirements, major requirements, and elective requirements.