How do I apply for Financial Aid?

ALL students, regardless of what benefits they think they may be eligible for, are encouraged to apply for federal financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available online at The Springfield College code is 002211. This aid can be for federal grants, loans, and/or work study. Students who receive tuition waivers or tuition payments for full tuition from an outside source are not eligible for a Springfield College grant.

If you have any questions about our financial aid procedures and policies, please contact the Financial Aid Office at

Applying for VA Educational Benefits

Students applying for VA Educational Benefits for the first time must apply for education benefits online from the VA using

Springfield College requires a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a copy of 22-DD214

Complete the veterans request for certification form

Am I eligible for a book voucher?

If federal grants and loans are higher than the cost of tuition and fees, a book voucher can be issued provided all required documents for verification have been submitted to the Office of Financial Aid.

How long will it take to receive my benefits?

First-time applicants should expect at least 8 to 10 weeks from the time the enrollment certification is sent to the VA before payment is received, as long as the certifying official has all the necessary documents.

What happens if I drop a course during the semester?

If you drop a course, the certifying official, at the campus you attend, must be notified of any changes. The VA is notified of all enrollment changes. This must be done even if you have already notified the VA on the WAVE system. A change in your enrollment may affect the total amount of benefits received and may result in you being liable for an overpayment and/or you may be responsible to return the money to the VA.

What are my financial aid responsibilities if enrollment changes?

Any changes to enrollment, such as add/drops, withdrawals or separations, unsatisfactory academic progress, disciplinary actions, failing grades, incomplete grades, changes to tuition and fees, etc., are required to be reported to the VA. Changes in enrollment may affect the total amount of benefits a student receives and may result in the student being liable for an overpayment and/or responsible to return the money to the VA.

Will the VA pay for repeated courses?

The VA may not pay for a repeated course or a course from which a student withdraws or receives an incomplete grade.

Are there any academic support services available to students who are veterans?

All of the services provided by the Academic Success Center (ASC) are free and available to any student at Springfield College. The Four Core Services of the ASC are: Tutorial Services, Academic Coaching, Disability & Accessibility Services and MTEL Assistance. It is strongly encouraged to use all of the resources available. The Academic Success Center is located in the center of the 3rd floor of the Learning Commons. You can contact them directly at (413) 748- 3389 or 

You can request ASC Services here: Student Request

What happens if I am activated during the semester?

If you are activated during a semester, you should discuss this situation with your advisor and instructors to help you decide upon a course of action. The VA would pay your educational benefits up to the date you withdraw from the semester.

What happens if I transfer to Springfield College?

Please be sure to complete the application for changing schools or programs for your designated benefit. Submit this form to the VA and provide a copy of this form along with your original application form to the Veterans Certifying Official at your campus.

Whom do I see on campus about resources for students who are veterans?

Individuals can contact the Veteran and Military Services Center by emailing or by calling 413-748-3030 for assistance in identifying available resources on campus.

Where can I find information about graduation rates, average loan indebtedness, and other facts about Springfield College?

The College Scorecard and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) provide consumer information about Springfield College. Click here for the College Scorecard and here for IPEDS information. Students interested in the regional campuses, click here for the College Scorecard and here for IPEDS information. View our Student Loan Default Rate.