The Career Center is an important link in partnering with parents to effectively assist students as they manage their career planning process.
We work with parents during their student’s college years with the shared goal of providing students with guidance and resources throughout the career decision- making process.
If you have any questions, contact the Career Center at email@example.com.
Services for Students
The Career Center offers a variety of programs and services for students to help them with their job search and career preparation.
- One-on-one appointments with a Career Counselor
- Career and Major Exploration
- Resume/Cover Letter Critiques
- Job and Internship Search Assistance
- Graduate School Advisement
- Mock Interviews including InterviewStream (online practice interview software)
- Access Job Posting through Job Connect system
- Career/Job Fairs (Industry-Specific Networking Events and Special Programs)
- Business Card software program
- and much more
Assisting Your Student
Encourage your student to sign-up for different courses that may be of interest to them. Your student must develop his/her own career direction based on his/her individual interests, skills, and values.
Support Involvement in Student Organizations, Clubs, and Sports
Opportunities to develop leadership ability, teamwork techniques, time management practices, and other career-related skills will help your student prepare for the real world.
Promote Getting Experience before Graduation
It is critical for students to have work experience before they graduate. This experience may come in the form of part-time jobs, internships, job-shadowing, or other opportunities that the Career Center can help your student pursue.
Recommend Visits to the Career Center
Encourage your student to stop by the Career Center and set-up an appointment with a staff member to assist with their career planning.