Kyle Belanger is an award-winning sports columnist who has logged significant hours across many of the fields associated with 21st-century journalism. He began his career in newspaper and magazine journalism before entering the world of sports talk radio, hosting a show on Springfield's ESPN Radio affiliate, as well The Average Joe Show. He also spent time working in online journalism as a content producer for MassLive.com, and remains an active member of the sports media as a freelance journalist. At Springfield College, in addition to teaching, Belanger serves as faculty advisor for the college's radio station WSCB, 89.9 FM, "The Birthplace."
- Sports Broadcasting (history and practices)
- Social Media
- Sports and Social Justice
- Multimedia/Online Journalism
Spring 2017 Laurels Submissions
- Kyle Belanger published the article “Live from Radio Row” in The Reminder in February 2017. The article was part of his Super Bowl coverage.
- Kyle Belanger was selected to cover the Super Bowl on Radio Row for the third-consecutive year. Belanger worked with Antero Sports, a national sports marketing firm owned by South Hadley native Chris Visser. Belanger produced dozens of segments on national sports talk shows from coast to coast and also continued his volunteer work with the Wounded Warriors Amputee Football team, which plays in a football game that annually follows the Super Bowl. His work was covered on MassLive.com. He also hosted several Instagram takeovers, which highlighted his experience, on the MassLive Instagram account @masslive.