ITS -- Access voicemail
Access your voicemail off-campus for both department and personal extensions.
- Call your full phone number (ex. 413-748-3000)
- After the voicemail prompt starts press *7
- You will hear "Welcome to the Avaya voice system for help press *4", then it will prompt you for an extension and the # key. (ex. 3000#)
- You will be asked for your password¹, enter it then press the # key (ex. 1312#).
- Press 2 to listen to your voice messages
- Follow the prompts to skip, save, transfer, and delete voice messages².
¹If you have not set up your voicemail password: when asked for a password, press #, and the system will ask you to enter a new password, enter that password then a second time to confirm. Note: Passwords can be 4 to 8 digits long and cannot be 1111, 1234, or your extension number.
²If you listen, save, or delete voice messages, it will reflect on your phone's visual voicemail alerts and counts.
Recommended Out of Office Message:
"Thank you for your message. Please note that the physical campus at Springfield College is temporarily closed due to COVID-19, but we are open and operating. Faculty and staff are responding to all inquiries remotely, via email and phone to the extent possible. Our campus academics are moving online as of March 30 and will continue through the remainder of the semester, with many on-campus services being provided online. We appreciate your patience and will get back with you as soon as possible."
Forwarding to another phone from off-campus:
This cannot be done remotely. Contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing, be sure to include your full name, your work extension, the number you want to forward to and the best number to reach you if there is a question.
Note: For hunt groups (one number rings multiple other phones) we can forward all messages to a department email or to multiple users. They cannot be sent to a phone number.