Art Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of visual language and the elements and principles of art and design
- SLO 1 : Students will be able to employ the unique qualities and affordances of the elements and principles of art and design to develop a visual language and use that language for creative expression.
- SLO 2 : Students will develop fluency in the fundamentals of visual language and use this language to explore themes of aesthetic, technical and conceptual complexity
- SLO 3 : Students will develop an understanding of the context of the visual arts in society and culture, in both historical and contemporary art
Goal 2 : Demonstrate visual, practical and technical skills in a variety of studio arts media.
- SLO 4 : Students will develop increasing competency in a variety of two dimensional and three dimensional art mediums.
- SLO 5 : Students will understand the unique qualities and limitations of various art mediums.
- SLO 6 : Students will demonstrate an understanding of the expressive qualities of each medium, making thoughtful connections between medium and content
Goal 3 : Demonstrate critical, creative, and innovative thinking and problem-solving skills in their respective artistic disciplines.
- SLO 7 : Student work will show evidence of the basic principles of the fundamentals of art criticism: description, interpretation, analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of works of art.
- SLO 8 : Students will demonstrate an awareness of style, genre, and a variety of aesthetic approaches including realism, abstraction and expressive methods
- SLO 9 : Students will explore imaginative thinking and problem solving in innovative and creative ways.
Goal 4 : Demonstrate a capacity for sustained investigation and self-reflective practice in the visual arts.
- SLO 10 : Students will employ experimentation and risk taking with medium, technique and content. (action: combine SLO 9 and 10)
- SLO 11 : Students will explore personally meaningful connections in their work
- SLO 12 : Students will demonstrate an ability for divergent and flexible thinking and cultivate intellectual and creative curiosity for their work.