Communication Sciences and Disorders Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Demonstrate knowledge of basic human communication and swallowing processes. (ASHA Standard IV-B)
- SLO 1 : Students will identify and describe the biological and neurological processes of normal speech, language, swallowing, and hearing.
- SLO 2 : Students will describe the development of typical speech, language, and auditory skills.
- SLO 3 : Students will identify and describe linguistic and cultural bases for basic human communication and swallowing processes.
Goal 2 : Demonstrate foundational knowledge of communication and swallowing disorders and differences. (ASHA Standard IV-C)
- SLO 4 : Students will identify and describe the biological and neurological processes of disorders in speech, language, and hearing.
- SLO 5 : Students will identify and describe the etiologies, characteristics, acoustic, psychological, developmental, and linguistic and cultural correlates of receptive and expressive language differences and disorders.
Goal 3 : Demonstrate foundational knowledge of processes used in research and of the integration of research principles into evidence-based clinical practice. (ASHA Standard IV-F)
- SLO 6 : Students will summarize and synthesize research in the field of communication disorders and sciences including knowledge of how to access sources of research information.
- SLO 7 : Students will critically evaluate research in the field of communication disorders and sciences using principles of basic and applied research and research design and relate research to clinical practice.
Goal 4 : Demonstrate skill in oral and written communication. (ASHA Standard V-A)
- SLO 8 : Students will write clearly and coherently about the assessment and treatment of communication disorders.
- SLO 9 : Students will present knowledgeably and clearly on the assessment and treatment of communication disorders.
Goal 5 : Apply course material to clinical experiences.
- SLO 10 : Students will reflect on their clinical experiences and connect them with coursework.
- SLO 11 : Students will apply their knowledge of normal and disordered communication to create and deliver lessons.