Athletic Training Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : To prepare the athletic training student to successfully transition into professional practice as competent and appropriately credentialed health care providers.
- SLO 1 : Successfully complete the Board of Certification® Certified Athletic Trainer examination and earn the ATC® credential.
- SLO 2 : Provide quality health care to physically active patient populations.
- SLO 3 : Effectively communicate with patients, families, colleagues, other healthcare providers and the public in accordance with legal and ethical standards of practice.
Goal 2 : To provide a foundation from which the student is able to develop critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills, engage in scholarly inquiry and life-long learning and practice as evidence-based clinicians throughout their academic and professional careers.
- SLO 4 : Incorporate evidenced based decision making into their clinical practice and utilize best practices to provide safe, effective health care.
- SLO 5 : Utilize the scientific process of discovery, critical thinking, and analysis to conduct scholarly inquiry and develop skills and knowledge needed to successfully engage in life-long learning throughout their academic and professional careers.
Goal 3 : To expose the student to diverse workplace settings in order to instill within the student the value of utilizing a patient centered approach to health care with an appreciation for inter-professional collaboration and service to others.
- SLO 6 : Infuse their clinical practice with the foundational behaviors of professional practice to help guide all their patient-clinician interactions
- SLO 7 : Integrate the Humanics Philosophy when providing patient care and service to the athletic training profession and community at large.