About This Program

Available as a major and minor

View a sample schedule.
View a sample schedule for our minor.

You care about people, and that’s why you want to make a difference. In the Springfield College communication sciences and disorders major, you can.

The communication sciences and disorders major will prepare you for graduate education in speech-language pathology or audiology. You’ll also be eligible for a Massachusetts license as a speech-language pathology assistant, a role in which you’ll provide treatment to individuals with communication disorders under the direct supervision of certified speech-language pathologist.

Professionals with graduate degrees in speech-language pathology or audiology assess and treat individuals with communication disorders such as fluency (stuttering), voice, aphasia, swallowing disorders, hearing loss, speech sound disorders, and language disorders. They often work in hospitals, clinics, private and public schools, or private practice. In order to become a certified or licensed speech-language pathologist or audiologist, you’ll be required to complete an advanced degree.

Coming 2023

The New Health Sciences Center at Springfield College

The new Springfield College Health Sciences Center will empower transformative approaches to education, career enhancement, service, research, and leadership in healthcare. The Center will build on the success of the School of Health Sciences, and ensure its standing as the leading choice for the finest students, faculty, and staff.

An architect's rendering of the health science center at Springfield College
Studying Communication Sciences and Disorders At Springfield College