Graduate Physical Education, Professional Licensure Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Graduates will be able to demonstrate advanced content knowledge in: (a) planning curriculum and instruction; (b) deliver effective instruction; (c) manage classroom climate; (d) promote equity; and (e) meet professional responsibilities.
- SLO 1 : Identify and differentiate among conceptual frameworks utilized to guide decision-making in physical education curriculum development.
- SLO 2 : Become knowledgeable and informed about current trends and issues regarding implementation of innovative curricula concepts in physical education.
- SLO 3 : Compare and contrast various instructional models, instructional strategies, and teaching styles.
- SLO 4 : Determine the strengths and weaknesses of each model and teaching to a particular situation.
- SLO 5 : Develop an awareness of policies and procedures related to the evaluation process of employees along with effective and meaningful practices to conduct evaluations that serve to improve performance and retention.
- SLO 6 : Identify, define, and understand physical disabilities, mental disabilities, and cognitive disabilities.
Goal 2 : Graduates will be able to demonstrate advanced physical education content knowledge in: (a) principals of developmental sound physical health and fitness; (b) lifespan growth, development, and nutrition; (c) history and foundations of kinesiology; (d) planning curriculum and instruction; and (e) legal and moral responsibilities.
- SLO 7 : Develop increased ability to communicate his/her position on curriculum development in terms of the philosophic foci.
- SLO 8 : Identify instructional strategies and teaching styles used to teach physical education and related fields from a model-based approach.
- SLO 9 : Explore, identify, and explain how supervision, mentoring roles and leadership overlap.
Goal 3 : Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design, evaluate, and conduct research in the field.
- SLO 10 : Gain an increased understanding of the importance associated with designing and developing a professional development plan that includes goals in order to create an environment that fosters and creates opportunities for quality professional conversations.
- SLO 11 : Discover and identify through self-reflection how cultural background, cultural values, and life experiences will impact serving in a future role as a supervisor.
- SLO 12 : Be able to identify different ways to adapt general physical education activities to students with varying physical disabilities, mental disabilities, and cognitive disabilities.
- SLO 13 : Identify ways to accommodate diverse learners in the APE environment to create a safe and collaborative learning environment. Including ELL students.
- SLO 14 : Identify and apply principals of sound measurement that are valid and reliable.
- SLO 15 : Identify and describe appropriate research designs to answer specific research questions.
- SLO 16 : Identify and describe broad issues and importance of research.
- SLO 17 : Identify threats to internal and external validity.
- SLO 18 : Conduct a research project by describing prior research, identify a research question, designs the methods to collect data, analyze the data, describe the results and present the findings.