- (413) 748-3356
Stephanie R. Logan is an associate professor of elementary and multicultural education. She is a former elementary school teacher and a former elementary and middle school counselor. Her research interests include preparing culturally competent pre-service teachers, creating inclusive classroom and campus environments, and social studies teaching in elementary classrooms.
- Foundations of Multicultural Education
Certifications and Memberships
- National Association for Multicultural Education
- November 2016: The Myth of Colorblindness: Helping Educators Recognize the Role of Race in PreK-12th Grade Classrooms, National Association for Multicultural Education Conference Presenter, Cleveland, Ohio
- November 2015: From A to Zinn: Helping Preservice Teachers Rethink History, National Council for the Social Studies Conference Presenter, New Orleans, La.
- October 2015: Middle School Students’ Perceptions of Diversity and Equity, National Association for Multicultural Education Conference Presenter, New Orleans, La.
- March 2014: Perceptions of Middle School Students on Systems of Power and Privilege, White Privilege Conference Presenter, Madison, Wis.
- April 2013: The Cost of Segregated Schools, White Privilege Conference Presenter, Seattle, Wash.
- Logan, S. (2017). The myth of colorblindness: Helping Educators Recognize the Role of Race in the PreK-12th Grade Classrooms. In. A. Peterson and C. Curran (Eds.), Handbook of research on classroom diversity and inclusive education practice. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Logan, S.R. (2016). Second reaction: A good deed is never a waste. First Opinions, Second Reactions, 9(3), 30-31.
- Logan, S.R. (2014). A framework for culturally responsive teaching. In G. Kirkland-Holmes (Ed.), Diversity initiatives, social justice matters, and culturally responsive family engagement (pp. 9-14). Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
- Logan, S.R. & Clausen, C. (2016). Teaching about race in elementary social studies methods courses. Ohio Social Studies Review, 53(1), 38-52.
- Logan, S.R., Lasswell, T., Hood, Y., & Watson, D. (2014). Criteria for the selection of young adult queer literature. The English Journal,103(5), 30-41.
- Logan, S.R., Watson, D., Hood, Y., Lasswell, T. (2016) Multicultural inclusion of lesbian and gay literature themes in elementary classrooms. Equity and Excellence, 49(3), 380-393. doi: 10.1080/10665684.2016.1194239