Art Therapy/Counseling Program Goals
Through the Art Therapy/Counseling program, students will:
- describe and integrate the knowledge of the history and theories of art therapy as a foundation for professional practice;
- develop a professional identity as an art therapist/counselor and have a clear understanding of ethical and legal inherent in the field;
- comprehend and apply an understanding of the clinical domain of art therapy and counseling in the field;
- understand research methodology, apply critical thinking and demonstrate skills needed to design and conduct a research study in art therapy/counseling; and
- demonstrate creative thinking and apply knowledge of art processes and media.