Physical Education Careers and Internships
Through the physical education major, students will be prepared to become a licensed teacher at both the elementary and secondary levels in just four years. They’ll spend time in the field beginning in the first academic year, so they can put their knowledge into practice and gain invaluable on-the-job experience. Through a sequential series of fieldwork-embedded courses, students gain confidence and competence. After graduation, students will be ready and able to begin teaching physical education to grades PreK through 12.
And, our graduates are successful in their career pursuits after graduation. In a survey of our 2017-2018 graduates, 100 percent of students in this major who responded reported being in graduate school or employed within 6 months of graduating. Later in their careers, alumni have been named local, state, regional, and national teachers of the year in physical education.
Below are a few organizations where our recent graduates have been employed.
- Belchertown High School (MA)
- Chicopee Comprehensive High School (MA)
- Clifford Granger Elementary School (MA)
- Dwight School (NY)
- Fessenden School (MA)
- Franklin Avenue Elementary School (MA)
- Grafton Middle School (MA)
- Harshhill High School (CT)
- Mary Walsh Elementary School (MA)
- Mt. Greylock High School (MA)
- Needham Public Schools (MA)
- Newbury Elementary School (MA)
- Newport Public Schools (NH)
- Platt High School (CT)
- Pollard Middle School (MA)
- St. Michael's Academy (MA)