FAQs | Student Account Office | Springfield College

FAQs | Student Account Office

Couldn't find what you were looking for? Let us help you with these frequently asked questions.



What is FERPA?

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of a student education, financial, and academic records. For the student’s protection, FERPA limits release of student record information without the student’s explicit written consent.

Financial Aid Confidential Information Waiver

FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) is a federal law protecting the confidentiality of the student’s records.  In compliance with FERPA, the Office of Financial Aid must have the student’s written authorization to discuss information from their financial aid file to anyone other than a custodial parent(s) that is designated on the current academic year’s FAFSA.  Completing the waiver will allow whomever the student designates to communicate with the Office of Financial Aid.  This waiver will remain on file and in effect until graduation, withdrawal from the college or a written statement to change or eliminate designees.

The FERPA Waiver is available to be completed fully online within PrideNet.

Meal Plan

Can I change or cancel my meal plan?

Meal plan changes can be made online by visiting the My Meal Plan page in PrideNET.

During the first two weeks of the semester, any alternative plan can be selected as long as it is of equal or greater value than your required minimum meal plan for students who reside in residence halls without in-suite kitchen facilities.

After the first two weeks of each semester, only plans of a higher value than your current meal plan may be chosen.

Online changes to meal plans in PrideNET will be closed 10 weeks after the start of the semester.

Third-party Billing

How do I make a payment using a 529 plan?

You must contact your 529 representative and request payment be made payable to Springfield College and sent to the Business Office. Please request that the student name and student ID number be listed in the description or the check stub.

What if I have an outside scholarship?

If you have an outside scholarship you must submit a copy of the scholarship letter to the Business Office. You may deduct the amount of the scholarship from the balance due when submitting payment. Scholarship checks can be mailed directly to the Springfield College, Business Office, 263 Alden Street, Springfield, MA 01109. Please include student name and student ID number on the check.

What if my employer or an outside source is paying my tuition?

  • Our Third Party Billing Representative will submit invoices if required, after the College’s add/drop period, once purchase order is received.
  • If employer or third party is reimbursing student, payment to College is required from student by the term due date.
  • Students can print a statement to submit to their employer in PrideNET under the Student Financial Portal.
  • Employer payments can be mailed directly to Springfield College, Business Office, 263 Alden Street, Springfield, MA 01109. Please include the student name and student ID on the check.
  • Students who must submit a grade before they receive their tuition reimbursement from their employer will be required to pay their balance and then submit reimbursement from their employer. If the employer sends us the payment, we will refund the student. Please be sure to set up your eRefund account for direct deposit of your refund.


I receive military/veteran educational benefits. What documentation do you need from me to have my certification completed?

Any questions regarding Military Tuition Assistance or Veteran Educational Benefits can be directed to the Business Office at (413) 748-3183.


Payment Options

How much do I owe?

All charges minus estimated financial aid (including parent loans and scholarships) is the amount due. Unless you are participating in a monthly payment plan, this balance is due by the term due date. Work Study is not included in the amount to be deducted, as students are issued a payroll check for the hours worked.

How do I enroll in a payment plan?

To enroll in either the Academic Year or Single Semester Payment plan, take the following steps.

  1. Log in to PrideNET.
  2. Click the “My Profile” tab along the top.

  3. Click the “My Student Financial Portal” tab along the left side.

  4. Select "View eBill/Payment Plan."

  5. Select an e-Bill semester and year to view.

  6. Click “View eBil.”

  7. Click the “View/Create a Payment Plan” button, located below your account summary.

  8. Select your Payment Plan.

A video tutorial for setting up a payment plan is available under "My Student Financial Portal" in PrideNET.

How do I pay my bill?

  • We encourage students to make their secure payment online through PrideNET. Payment methods include ACH check payment and credit card. Each credit card transaction is assessed a 2.75 percent convenience fee.
  • Payments can be mailed directly to Springfield College, Business Office, 263 Alden Street, Springfield MA 01109. Please note: checks mailed may take up to two weeks to receive and post to the student's account.
  • Springfield College Business Office accepts checks, money orders, and cash payments for tuition and fees. Our office cannot accept credit card payments, but students can make payments online 24/7 using a credit card or with an ACH checking or savings account. We encourage students with cash to deposit those funds into their bank account and make their secure payment online.

Financial Aid

When will my financial aid be applied?

Financial aid will not be applied until after the add/drop period, provided you have completed all the requirements including the Entrance Interview and Master Promissory Note. If you are applying for loans, the College will receive the funds from the source (e.g., lender, state, scholarship agency, etc.) If your balance is covered in full by financial aid, no payment is required. If you have not completed your Master Promissory Note or Entrance Interview, please do so by going to studentloans.gov

Learn more about financial aid.


If I have a credit on my account, when will I receive the funds?

Once financial aid disburses to a student's account, students can view their account activity on their Student Financial Portal to see when their aid has disbursed. Once their account shows a credit balance from aid disbursed, the Business Office will process the refund within 7 to 14 days. Students are encouraged to sign up for electronic refunds (eRefunds) to have their money automatically deposited into their bank account. To enroll students can log into their PrideNET account, click “My Profile” tab, click “My Student Financial Portal” then click "View eBill/Payment Plan" followed by “Setup eRefund." Go to the eRefund Section (located below the recent payments section) and follow the steps. This is the most secure and quickest method for receiving a refund.

Students not enrolled in direct deposit will be issued a check within 14 days unless the student authorizes the College in writing to hold the credit balance for a future semester. Click here for the Credit Balance Form (PDF). Refund checks will be mailed to the student's address on file, which is why we encourage students to set up an eRefund account. Plus Loan refunds will be made payable to the parent borrower.

I have a hold on my account. What does it mean?

When a student registers for classes, he/she is responsible for the tuition charges and other College costs. A hold will be placed on the account if a payment is not made by the term due date and missing or incomplete financial aid documentation is not submitted prior to pre-registration. A late fee charge of $75 will be assessed each month if a financial agreement is not submitted by the beginning of the semester, payment is not made by the term due date, and/or missing or incomplete financial documentation requested by the Office of Financial Aid not received. Review the tuition payment policy here.

Questions? Get in touch with the Business Office today.

What is the cancelation policy for courses?

Course fees are non-refundable, unless the withdrawal is effective prior to the start of classes.

What is the tuition and housing refund policy?

When a student withdraws from the College, the refund will be calculated according to the College refund policy.

Tuition Insurance

Springfield College has partnered with GradGuard to provide our families with tuition insurance from Allianz Global Assistance featuring special plans and rates not available to the general public.

This coverage expands the scope of our refund policy by ensuring reimbursement for tuition, fees, room and board for covered withdrawals at any time during the semester.

The deadline to apply for this tuition insurance is the day before the first day of classes each semester.

Students will not see a charge on their SC student eBill. Students and families who opt-in for this tuition insurance will work directly with GradGuard regarding payment.

For more information or to opt in for this tuition insurance, visit GradGuard.com or call 1-866-724-4384.