SPCO 108 – Learning Methods
Offered by the Academic Success Center, this 1-credit course is geared towards first-years, sophomores, and juniors who want to learn new academic skills and enhance their overall performance.
Learning methods are primarily information-processing procedures that facilitate the learning, retention, and application of knowledge and skill. The focus of this course is learning how to learn.
Topics will include:
- Time management, goal setting, and organization
- Active reading and learning strategies
- Note-taking, test preparation, and test-taking
- Academic dishonesty
- Campus resources
- Group work and presentations skills
- Resilience, grit, and stress management
This course uses lecture, discussion, and experiential formats. Thoughtful class participation is essential.
For more information, please contact course instructor Tami Drummond, Academic Coaching Coordinator.