Sports Biology Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Develop a working knowledge of the concepts of biology and chemistry and how this knowledge is connected to the science of human performance.
- SLO 1 : The student will have a sufficient understanding of the basic core principles of biology to explain human performance.
- SLO 2 : The student will have a sufficient understanding of the basic core principles of chemistry to relate them to human performance.
- SLO 3 : The student will have a sufficient understanding of the principles of movement science and how they relate to biology and chemistry.
Goal 2 : Learn to utilize the appropriate information, methodologies, technology, and research techniques for the critical analysis of biological/chemical problems related to human performance.
- SLO 4 : The student will gather data using the appropriate methods.
- SLO 5 : The student will interpret data critically.
- SLO 6 : The student will employ appropriate research techniques
Goal 3 : Learn to assimilate information from biology, chemistry and movement science and to communicate (both in oral and written form) it effectively.
- SLO 7 : The student will present results of a literature review clearly to an audience of their peers and faculty.
- SLO 8 : The student will present results of an independent research project clearly to an audience of their peers and faculty.
- SLO 9 : The student will demonstrate the assimilation of knowledge by performing at an acceptable level on a national exam.
Goal 4 : Prepare for graduate study and/or leadership in service to others via professional careers in the medical sciences.
- SLO 10 : The student will gain admission to a graduate or professional school
- SLO 11 : The student will perform at an acceptable level on national exams (ACAT, GRE, MCAT, etc)
- SLO 12 : The student will obtain employment in their chosen field.