Applying to Graduate Programs at Springfield College
All applicants are required to submit:
Online application form and $50 application fee
Graduate Admissions Essay
Most programs: In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
Sport Management and Recreation: In a professionally written essay, please describe the current state of the sport or recreation industry, your salient experiences related to the industry, and how Springfield College will better prepare you for this industry.
Therapeutic Recreation Management: In a professionally written essay, please describe the current state of the therapeutic recreation industry, your salient experiences related to the industry, and how Springfield College will better prepare you for this industry.
Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
Letters of Recommendation
Please provide the recommendation form to each of the people you have chosen to comment on your interest in graduate study at Springfield College, as well as your preparedness for it. You will need to submit either two or three letters of recommendation. Program requirements are below.
|Programs Requiring Two Letters of Recommendation||Programs Requiring Three Letters of Recommendation|
|Adapted Phyiscal Education||Art Therapy/Counseling|
|Athletic Administration||Education, all professional licensure options|
|Health Promotion and Disease Prevention||Occupational Therapy|
|Physical Education Initial Licensure||Physician Assistant|
|PhD in Exercise Physiology||Physical Therapy|
|PhD in Teaching and Administration||Advanced Pedagogy - Professional Licensure|
|Applied Exercise Physiology||PhD in Sport and Exercise Psychology|
|Clinical Exercise Physiology||Sport Management and Recreation|
|Sport and Exercise Physiology||Therapeutic Recreation and Management|
|Strength and Conditioning||Athletic Counseling|
|Clinical Mental Health Counseling||PsyD - Counseling Psychology|
|Industrial or Organizational Psychology|
|Student Affairs Administration|
|Advanced Standing for BSW graduates|
|Dual Degree: MSW/JD|
Official transcripts from all institutions previously/currently attended
- An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required.
- Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. In some cases, including if you plan to request coursework be transferred, a course-by-course translation is required. For this we recommend the World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
Some programs require the GRE
The following programs require the GRE:
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Education in Physical Education
- Adapted Physical Education
- Advanced-level coaching
- Athletic Administration
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Physical Education Initial Licensure
- Advanced Pedagogy - Professional Licensure
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Teaching and Administration
- Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
- Applied Exercise Physiology track
- Clinical Exercise Physiology track
- Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Master of Science in Strength and Conditioning
- PsyD - Counseling Psychology
All international applicants from non-English speaking countries are required, in addition to the items listed above, to submit:
- Proof of English language proficiency by way of the TOEFL or IELTS. If your undergraduate degree was earned in the United States and you successfully completed College level English, we will consider English language proficiency met.
To submit materials.
After submitting your online application form you will receive user login credentials to access your student application portal. From that portal you will be able to upload your Graduate Admissions Essay and your resume. All other materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the original source.