Applying to Graduate Programs at Springfield College
We're so glad you're ready to apply. Here's how to do it:
All applicants are required to submit:
Online Application Form and $50 Application Fee
Please note: In response to the financial strain caused by closures due to COVID-19, we are waiving the $50 application fee for the remainder of the 2020 application cycle.
Master of Occupational Therapy candidates must submit applications via OTCAS here. The 2020 enrollment period is now closed.
Doctor of Physical Therapy candidates must submit applications via PTCAS here. We are not currently enrolling new graduate students.
Master of Science in Athletic Training candidates must submit applications via ATCAS here. The 2020 enrollment period is closed.
Graduate Admissions Essay
Once your application form is processed you will receive an email with your application portal login credentials. Once you login to your application portal you'll be able to upload your essay.
Most programs: In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
Sport Management and Recreation: In a professionally written essay, please describe the current state of the sport or recreation industry, your salient experiences related to the industry, and how Springfield College will better prepare you for this industry.
Therapeutic Recreation Management: In a professionally written essay, please describe the current state of the therapeutic recreation industry, your salient experiences related to the industry, and how Springfield College will better prepare you for this industry.
Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study. Once your application form is processed you will receive an email with your application portal login credentials. Once you login to your application portal you'll be able to upload your resume.
Letters of Recommendation
Please provide the recommendation form to each of the people you have chosen as your recommenders. All programs require two letters of recommendation. Programs requiring a third letter are listed below. Recommenders should send letters and forms directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Programs Requiring Three Letters of Recommendation|
|Education, all professional licensure options|
|PhD in Sport and Exercise Psychology|
|PsyD - Counseling Psychology|
Official Transcripts from All Institutions Previously/Currently Attended
- An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required.
- Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. In some cases, including if you plan to request coursework be transferred, a course-by-course translation is required. For this we recommend the World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
Some Programs Require the GRE
*Please note: In response to GRE test center closures due to COVID-19, we are waiving the GRE requirement for the remainder of the 2020 application cycle.
The following programs require the GRE:
- Master of Education in Physical Education
- Adapted Physical Education
- Advanced-level coaching
- Athletic Administration
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Physical Education Initial Licensure
- Advanced Pedagogy - Professional Licensure
- Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
- Applied Exercise Physiology track
- Clinical Exercise Physiology track
- Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- PsyD - Counseling Psychology
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Teaching and Administration
Physician Assistant Supplemental Application Requirements
Prerequisite and applicable experience records
- Prerequisite Application Worksheet
- Shadowing Verification Form
- Health Care Experience Verification Form
- Information Sheet
Please upload your supplemental information to your application account after you have submitted your application, or email your application documents. Please note that transcripts and letters of recommendation will not be considered official unless they are emailed directly from the original source and not from the applicant. Please submit materials via email to email@example.com.
For full information regarding applying to the Physician Assistant program, click here.
Art Therapy/Counseling Portfolio Guidelines
- A minimum of eight pieces
- Pieces should reflect your growth as an artist, ability to work with diverse media, skills and your creativity
- While choosing pieces to include in your portfolio, do not limit yourself to 2-D work (also show multiple views of 3-D pieces).
- Please include the following information for your work indicating
- Title of each piece
- Date of completion
- Medium used
- Approximate size of the piece
- Please include a short artist statement
Submit your portfolio via upload to your application portial. Instructions for upload will be emailed to you after you submit your application.
Athletic Training Supplemental Application Requirements
Candidates applying to the Master of Science in Athletic Training program have additional requirements. You may view the information here.
All international applicants from non-English speaking countries are required, in addition to the items listed above, to submit:
- Proof of English language proficiency by way of the TOEFL or IELTS. If your undergraduate degree was earned in the United States and you successfully completed College level English, we will consider English language proficiency met.
Our Associate Director of International Admissions Nicholas Venn can answer any questions you may have about enrolling in Springfield College as an international student. You may email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (413) 748-3891.
To submit materials:
After submitting your online application form you will receive user login credentials to access your student application portal. From that portal you will be able to upload your Graduate Admissions Essay and your resume. All other materials must be emailed to email@example.com directly from the original source.