Goals and Opportunities
The goal for the Friends of Springfield College Athletics is to provide additional support for Springfield College student-athletes above and beyond what Springfield College already provides, including expanded opportunities for participation, enhanced out of region travel, national recruiting, professional development for coaches, and championshipcompetition at the national level.
What is supported by the Friends of Springfield College Athletics?
Gifts to the Friends of Springfield College Athletics support enhancements to programs, facilities, participation and special opportunities that arise throughout the year, with a special focus on enhancing opportunities for student-athletes to participate and compete at the championship level.
The ability to take advantage of special opportunities and address needs like unanticipated varsity team travel expenses or sending a student-athlete to compete at a national championship is critical. These opportunities invigorate our campus community, while positioning Springfield College as a leading institution in the region, allowing us to compete with national peers.
Goals for the coming years include:
- Art Linkletter Natatorium scoreboard
- Baseball and softball diamond upgrades
- Baseball and softball annex indoor batting cages
- Educational programming and speakers for student-athletes and staff
- Video equipment upgrades (e.g., software, cameras, computers)
- Out of region travel for women’s volleyball (Texas) and men’s volleyball (California)
- International travel for field hockey (Jamaica) and men’s lacrosse (Bermuda)
- Training trips to Florida for swimming and diving, softball, baseball, women’s lacrosse, and women’s and men’s tennis
- Capital equipment
- Scoreboards in Blake Arena and at Stagg and Potter fields
- Video equipment (e.g. Hudl, Gamebreaker, Espor)
- Upgrades to athletic facility amenities
- Supplement travel to tournaments
- Training trips and international trips
- Strength and conditioning equipment
- Athletic training equipment
- Assistant coaches
- Team athletic gear