Cultural Connections Leadership Program
What is the Cultural Connections
Springfield Colleges Cultural Connections Leadership Program begins with a five-day pre-orientation program preceding New Student Orientation (NSO) and is designed to provide first-year and transfer students with a community and the tools for a successful transition to Springfield College. If you’re interested in building authentic relationships with other students and enhancing your leadership skills and strategies to foster positive change on campus and in the greater community, this program is for you!
Participating in the Cultural Connections pre-orientation program requires full commitment during those days. All costs for food and materials needed during the program are covered by the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
What to Expect
By participating in the Cultural Connections Leadership Program, you will:
- Receive guidance from an alliance of peers, faculty, and staff to ensure you are supported during your time at Springfield College
- Have an opportunity to make friends within the Springfield College community, before the semester begins
- Learn about Springfield’s resources and participate in interactive workshops that will help you discover your passions and find your path to success
- Explore topics of identity, leadership, and social justice
- Attend social events and participate in the Unity Fest Leadership Conference and Office of Multicultural Affairs workshops, activities, and events throughout the academic year to continue to build new leadership competencies
Pre-orientation Dates: August 30 - September 3
How to Apply
There is a $60 registration fee to cover the cost of food and activities, which should be paid upon your acceptance.
If you submit a physical application, please include a cover sheet with your name, home address, birth date, cell phone number, email address, and your Springfield College ID number.
Printed applications and their respective cover sheets, as well as your registration fee, may be mailed to the following address.
Cultural Connections 2021
Office of Multicultural Affairs
Flynn Campus Union, Suite 350
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
We understand that summer is a busy time for you, but an application that shows thought and communicates your desire to attend the Cultural Connections Leadership Program demonstrates a specific commitment. Please feel free to be yourself and include any additional information that you would like to share with us (hobbies, sports, most memorable experiences).