Guide to the Community Standards Process
Every incident that is alleged to have violated the community standards at Springfield College is unique and is treated as its own entity. We meet with every student individually to allow the opportunity to openly and honestly discuss involvement. Below is a brief synopsis of what a student may expect concerning the community standards process here at Springfield College.
If a student is documented by a College official, expect the following:
- An administrative hearing will be scheduled, for the parties involved, with a hearing officer.
- The student's class schedule will be checked in PrideNET so that a meeting can be scheduled without conflicts. Varsity athletic practices are not a reason to reschedule.
- A linked PDF letter will be sent to the student through PrideNET email and by text to the student’s registered cell phone outlining:
- The alleged community standards violation/s
- The location and date of the violation/s
- The location, date, and time of the administrative hearing
- The name of the hearing officer