Online Educational Modules
As an incoming first-year or transfer student, you’re required to complete two educational modules—AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates—before arriving on campus.
If you have questions about accessing these programs, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at (413) 748-3922.
What is AlcoholEdu?
AlcoholEdu is a comprehensive, Web-based educational module that provides critical information about alcohol, its effects on the developing brain and body, and how it may play a role in your college experience. Its interactive platform is designed to help you make well-informed decisions about alcohol and to assist you in dealing with the drinking behavior of your peers, whether or not you personally choose to drink.
What is Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates?
Springfield College is committed to the prevention of all forms of interpersonal violence, and the Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates module is designed to address the critical issues of sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, and stalking.
How to Complete Modules
AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates: Part One
- Check your Springfield College email address in late July. You will receive a single link that will take you to the site to complete both AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates.
- You will need to know your Springfield College (PrideNET) login information and have your Springfield College ID number.
- Follow the link in the email to log into the platform. There, you will find both modules. You can work at your own pace from any computer. You can leave and return to the modules at any time. It should take you less than three hours to complete both modules.
- The deadline to complete Part One of both modules is Friday, August 23, with the exception of students arriving early (pre-season athletes, Pre-Camp, and Cultural Connections), for whom the deadline is Friday, August 9.
- Please note that successful completion is a mandatory requirement for all students at Springfield College. Students that do not complete both AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates risk judicial consequences.
AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates: Part Two
- Part Two for both AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates will automatically open 60 days after you complete Part One.
- You will receive a reminder email to complete Part Two later in the fall semester.
- All students are required to complete Part Two by November 22.
- These are much shorter than the first modules.
- Please note that successful completion is a mandatory requirement for all students at Springfield College. Students who do not complete Part Two of both AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates by November 22 risk judicial consequences.