With the Wellness Center currently closed as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak, our staff has come up with ways to keep our community active and involved:
1. Follow Campus Recreation on Instagram (@SCCAMPUSREC) to Access:
- Weekly highlights of the best free and paid fitness/workout apps.
- Featured fitness, wellness, and meditation podcasts.
- Best apps for outdoor adventurers (walking, running, hiking, biking).
- Featured (FREE) online, home fitness workouts.
- Mindful meditation tips.
- Information on our April "Steppin' into Spring" Challenge.
2. Zoom LIVE Group Exercise Schedule (scroll to bottom of page to see class descriptions)
|Day of Week||Class Title||Time||Zoom Link|
|Tuesday||Yoga||12:00 - 1:00 p.m.||Link|
|Wednesday||Yoga and Meditation||12:00 - 12:30 p.m.||Link|
|Thursday||Barre||12:00 - 12:45 p.m.||Link|
3. Subscribe to our SPRINGFIELD COLLEGE GROUP EXERCISE YouTube Channel where you’ll find select recorded classes from our talented instructors.
4. Join Natalie Hamel’s Public Facebook Group: Stay Fit: At-Home Edition
Join our seasoned instructor, Natalie, as she brings you through daily workouts and fitness challenges, all of which you can do from the comfort of your living room, bedroom, or basement!
Zoom LIVE Group Exercise Class Descriptions:
Tuesday – Yoga
Put on your comfortable yoga clothes, roll out your yoga mat, and join Liza for a live yoga class designed to help relieve stress, anxiety, and fear. This hour-long practice is appropriate for all levels and includes warm ups, postures, and relaxation. Be sure to find a distraction-free location where you have enough space to move.
Wednesday – Mindful Meditation
This live half hour class is designed to settle the mind and soothe the nervous system and suitable for all levels. Class includes gentle stretching, seated meditation, and relaxation. Find a distraction free space for practice and dress comfortably. Roll out your yoga mat if you have one, and you may wish to use a chair for the seated meditation. Option to use blankets and a cushion for relaxation.
Thursday – Barre
This class focuses on a series of movements that strengthen the entire body. With a combination of functional strength, ballet, pilates, and yoga, you'll use bodyweight as resistance to focus on alignment and optional posture while enhancing coordination, balance, and overall strength.