FAQs | Reslife
Frequently Asked Questions about the Housing Application and Process
Accessing your First Year Housing Preference Application
Step 1: Log into PrideNET using your username and password in the top right corner of the page.
Step 2: Click on the Campus Lifetab along the top of the page
Step 3: In the left-hand column, click on Residence Life
Step 4: Log into Access My Housing using your PrideNet username and password on the right side of the page
Step 5: Select the Applications tab at the top of your My Housing page
Step 6: Select and Complete the First-Year Housing Preference Application
How do I pick a roommate if I already know who I want to live with?
If you are interested in selecting a specific roommate please click the "Room Selection" tab at the top of your My Housing page and select "Roommates/Suitemates" (in PrideNET). Please note that in order to be paired, both roommates must select each other by the application deadline. Both parties will need to complete the First Year Housing Preference Application before completing the Roommate/Suitemates selection.
When I try to pick a roommate it says I am ineligible to do so. Why?
This means that your application is not completed. There are a couple of reasons why this could be the case:
- You did not sign the contract on page one of the application
- You did not answer all the questions
- You did not finish the application
- You are under the age of 18. If you are under 18, the system will automatically send your parent/guardian an email asking them to verify your application. Once they have done so, your application will be complete and you will have access to the roommate selection screen
Why can't I find my roommate when I search for them in the roommate selection screen?
- They have not completed the application yet
- They are under 18 and their parents have not yet done the parental verification needed to complete their application. If you are under 18, the system will automatically send your parent/guardian an email asking them to verify your application. Once they have done so, your application will be complete and you will have access to the roommate selection screen/will appear in the search.
What items am I allowed to bring with me? What items are not allowed?
To make the move to Springfield College easier, the Office of Housing and Residence Life has worked with current students and staff to develop a list of items new students may wish to bring—and what they may want to leave at home.