We are excited to share that Camp Massasoit will be open this summer! As you consider your 2021 plans, we wanted to update you regarding some of the changes we will be making in order to mitigate risk, while simultaneously providing the highest quality of programming. Outlined below are a few of the major changes that will be implemented for the 2021 season:
- Camp will operate on a reduced enrollment. There will be 11 groups instead of 18 for our day camp program. All cohorts will operate independently of each other.
- The hours of operation will be 8:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. – this includes early and late watch.
- This past fall, the City of Springfield drained Lake Massasoit to work on a major repair on the dam, therefore the program area ‘boats’ will not be available this summer.
- Due to some of the transportation guidelines set forth by the Department of Public Health, we will not be offering swimming this summer.
- The following activity blocks will be provided for our day camp program: Archery, Project Wild, Ropes, Outdoor Games, and an “Open” block, which includes, but is not limited to the following: arts and crafts, woodworking, drama, and/or music.
- Based on current travel restrictions and health and safety concerns with off-site trips, we do not feel camp can meet the mission of our adventure-based programs, therefore and unfortunately, none will be offered this summer.
In addition to the major programmatic changes listed above, there will be additional policies that align with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health regarding COVID-19. More detailed information can be found in our 2021 Parent Information Packet.
Despite some of these changes we are excited and looking forward to another great summer of Camp Massasoit.
Angela Veatch & Ben Taylor
Directors of Camp Massasoit
Striving to maintain a balance between skill development and sheer enjoyment, campers learn about the four areas of respect. The theme of respect is discussed every morning in opening ceremonies and is practiced throughout the camp day by our staff. At Camp Massasoit, we embrace the mission of Springfield College through our focus on education and development of the whole person.
Why Camp Massasoit?
Happy kids, experience in the outdoors, and growth and development of your children are what you can expect from sending them to Camp Massasoit.