The Impact of Giving
Thank you to the alumni, friends, and foundations who gave $49,373 to support the programs and physical improvements of East Campus during 2013-2104.
These funds covered many improvements to the property itself, and allowed the staff of East Campus to purchase:
- five new tents for Outdoor Pursuits
- 16 mountain bikes for use on the property by program participants and others
- two new canoes for use by program participants
With your continued support, we can provide these items and improvements for our program participants:
- additional canoes
- floating dock
- cabinets for the Pueblo kitchen
- field irrigation system
- high and low element for the challenge course
- solar powered lanterns
- backpacking stoves
- sleeping bags
- cross country ski equipment
- signage at strategic areas of the property
- a covered grilling area
- a field irrigation system
- repairs to the Pueblo windows
- continued paving improvements to better access the property
This is just a sample of the items and projects that your gift will allow us to address. All purchases and improvements are made where they are needed most and where they will have the greatest impact. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Ben Taylor or Angela Veatch at (413) 750-5011.
We would like to extend a very special thank you to the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts for its continuing generosity and support in helping to make East Campus a wonderful place to support the many programs that serve Springfield and surrounding communities.