Let the countdown to you coming to campus begin! Here's a list of items you'll want to make sure you take care of before New Student Orientation on Aug. 31, 2018.

Download the Springfield College Events app

Order your books for your classes through our Springfield College Bookstore


What do I need to apply to Springfield College?

Learn how to apply Springfield College as an international student

What tests do I need to enter Springfield College?

For international applicants with a native language other than English, proof of English proficiency must be demonstrated. 

Springfield College recognizes the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as well as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The college also recognizes Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) and Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as proof of English proficiency. Learn more.

International students generally do not need to submit a Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores as an admissions requirement. Transcripts will be evaluated.

Do you offer an English program if my TOEFL or IELTS score is too low?

Yes. Students who do not have the required English Proficiency score may receive a conditional acceptance.

When do I get my I-20?

When all the application materials have been received at the College, and an acceptance letter has been issued by the admissions director, you will need to submit your financial guarantee form and make your tuition deposit. You will then receive your I-20 from the International Center. When you receive the I-20 Form, you may apply for your F-1 student visa.

How many international students are there at Springfield College?

In 2015, there were about 120 international students/scholars from 25 different countries.

What services does the International Center provide for international students?

We advise students on the admissions process, immigration, taxes, and academics. In addition, we offer an orientation program to ease the transition to Springfield College. This includes airport, bus or train station pickup; moving into available on- or off-campus housing; accessing health care; opening a bank account; and help and support using all of the resources of the College.

Is there any financial aid available to international students?

Yes! Explore financial aid and scholarship information for international students.

Can I work while I study at Springfield College?

Students on an F1 visa may work on campus only. A maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular semester, and a maximum of 40 hours per week during school break(s) are allowed.

Are there any clubs or activities for international students?

All international students can participate in the International Student Organization. This club arranges many social, cultural and educational activities for international students throughout the year. Each spring the international students organize an International Festival. In addition, there are many opportunities to join clubs and organizations that range from intramural sports to service to arts and music. 

My visa has expired! Am I out of status?

Your expired visa does not mean you are out of status. As long as you are a full-time student and you have a current I-20, you are maintaining your status. However, you need a valid visa to enter the country, so if you leave the U.S., you must visit an American Consulate to get a new visa before entering the U.S. Any questions please contact the International Center.

I don’t work. Do I have to fill out tax forms?

All students have to fill out tax forms. Students with on-campus jobs usually don’t make enough money to need to pay taxes. Tax forms and instructions are available in the International Center.


On-campus Student Employment

Searching and Applying for Jobs

  • Springfield College students can access the Search for Jobs program under the Student Employment tab within PrideNET beginning on Friday, Aug. 31, 2018. Continue to routinely check thereafter for additional positions that become available. Most on-campus student employment requires Federal Work-Study eligibility.
  • The Student Jobs Openings screen is used to view departments’ open positions.
  • Before you can view job openings you will need to complete your job application form
  • Click on the My Application Form button to view or edit the information on your job application form.
  • To apply for a listed job, click on the appropriate checkbox(es) in the Select Column, and click the Apply for Selected Jobs button.
  • To be considered for employment, applicants should complete their job application form in its entirety. Please do not copy and paste text from other documents, such as from a resume, into the job application form as an error message may occur.
  • Click on the My Job Applications button to view the status of jobs that you have applied for.
  • The buttons shown in the Action column will vary according to the status of the job application.

Additional Information and General Recommendations

  • As with all job searches, securing employment can be competitive. Being eligible for Federal Work-Study does not automatically guarantee on-campus student employment.   
  • The hiring process uses a four-step approach where the student applies for the position, the supervisor offers the job to the student, the student accepts the job, and the supervisor hires the student. All four steps must be completed before the student is considered as hired in the system.
  • Students will receive an email when they are offered a job and are asked to either accept or decline the job within two days (using the My Job Applications screen). Delays in responding could result in the offer being withdrawn.
  • Upon offer/hire students will need to furnish a copy of their academic course schedule to their supervisor(s) (and repeat this process each semester worked) to verify that work hours do not conflict with any of their academic class times. If an academic schedule changes during the semester, the student will need to furnish their supervisor(s) with an updated copy.
  • Students must also complete their I-9 and W-4 forms at the Office of Financial Aid before beginning employment; original forms of identification are required.