International Tropical Field Research
Looking for an opportunity to explore a different climate and culture where you’ll collect data in an internationally renowned ecologically diverse location?
The International Tropical Field Research (BIOL 320) class is perfect for you.
The 2023 trip is scheduled to take place January 2-12.
The deadline for the application is September 2022.
Join us for two informational meetings about the class and trip!
- Monday, April 4 at noon in the Schoo-Bemis Lobby
- Tuesday, April 19 at 12:15 in the Schoo-Bemis Lobby
Bringing science to life with international research experience
You’ll travel to Costa Rica in January where you’ll gather data. During the spring semester, you’ll analyze your findings, write your research paper, and present your poster at Scholars in Action Day.
Examples of 2019 student research projects. Please click on each project for further detail:
Potential research projects for 2023 include, but are not limited to:
- Primate Behavior (Social, Foraging, Mating, etc…)
- Ocelot Identification
- Bird Diversity Survey
- Peccary Behavior (Social, Foraging, Mating, etc…)
- Social Insect (Ants or Termites) Behavior