What Sets Springfield College Apart?
Our Humanics Philosophy.
Our Humanics philosophy calls for the education of the whole person—in spirit, mind, and body—for leadership in service to others.
We’re good at giving back.
The value of a Springfield College degree is measured not only by a GPA, but also by the value of life our students build while they’re here. Here at Springfield College, we believe in the education of spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others. For us, it’s more than a mission; it’s a way of life. With our students performing more than 120,000 hours* of community service annually, and our alumni serving as leaders in their careers and communities, we can confidently say that Springfield College is a place where leadership and service merge to create meaning in lives.
Our students graduate and conquer.
Not only do Springfield College students leave Alden Street prepared for their next steps, they’re actually taking those steps. Our post-graduation survey found that 98% of 2021-22 bachelor degree recipients were either employed or enrolled in graduate school. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, our placement rate is 6% higher than the national average for schools like us and, on average, higher than other colleges and universities in New England. We’re pretty excited about that, and we know our graduates are, too.
In fact, watch Springfield College alum John Cena '99 deliver his acceptance speech into the Springfield College Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2015. John has been instrumental in spreading our Humanics message and sharing the value of a Springfield College education to his audiences around the world.
Our students constantly knock it out of the park.
We can’t say enough about the academic performances of our students. One example includes our student-athletes who are regularly recognized for their success both on the field and in the classroom, including, in the 2022 spring semester, our 650+ student-athletes earned a cumulative GPA of 3.39 (with 75 of those students earning a perfect 4.0 GPA*). Springfield College students are making staggering advancements in their academic programs. Graduation rates among Springfield College student-athletes is higher than the non-student-athletes (75% to 73%), while according to the NCAA definition of Academic Success Rate, Springfield College's student-athletes hover around 96%.
We offer programs to help you excel and accelerate.
Students with their eye on the prize will love our dual degree option programs, which allow students to earn multiple degrees at an accelerated pace.
- BS in Health Science: Pre-Occupational Therapy and MSOT or OTD in five-and-a-half years to six years
- BS in Exercise Science to MS in Athletic Training in five years
- BS in Health Science: Pre-Physician Assistant Studies to MS in Physician Assistant Studies in six years
- BS in Health Science: Pre-Physical Therapy to Doctor of Physical Therapy studies in six years
- Master of Business Administration 4+1 program, which offers a bachelor’s degree and MBA in five years
Students gain experience, early and often.
Our students jump into their programs and start their experiential learning in year one. What’s experiential learning? We’re glad you asked. Springfield College students graduate with relevant career experience already on their resumes. Our Department of Physical Education and Health Education faculty and students created and hosted a program that provided home-schooled students with an opportunity to take physical education courses at the College. Our occupational therapy students participate in our Community Mobility Clinic, also offered on the campus. Our art therapy students connect with individuals in our local elderly care facility to help them develop their creative sides. And that’s just the beginning.
Our numbers back us up.
- Springfield College is ranked nationally among America's best colleges by U.S. News & World Report, and in addition, is ranked very high as a "Best Value" school.
- Our graduation rates for our student-athletes are higher than those of our peer schools, putting us at 94% and similar schools at 87%, according to research done by the NCAA.
- Our dedication to service is no joke. Springfield College is the recipient of the 2016 Presidential Award in the education category of the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. This honor is the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement.
- Our students like it here. That’s likely why we boast an above average retention rate—85% of all first-year students on the main campus return*, compared to only 81% at schools in our category**.
- Spending time studying pays off. Close to 70% of all first-year students complete their degree requirements within four years*, compared to the national average of only 40% at schools in our category**.
- We know you. And you know us. With an 11-to-1 student to faculty ratios*, you’re more than just a number here.
- Faculty members value higher education as much as you. In fact, approximately 88% of full-time faculty members have earned the highest degrees attainable in their areas of expertise, and 72% hold doctorates*.
- Our new Health Sciences Center opened in Fall 2023. It features state-of-the-art, technology-rich classrooms, a learning-centered human anatomy laboratory, and more.
*Springfield College Office of Institutional Research
**U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Graduation Rates and Fall Enrollment components