What Sets Springfield College Apart?
We’re good at giving back.
The value of a Springfield College degree is measured not only by a GPA, but also by the value of life our students build while they’re here. Here at Springfield College, we believe in the education of spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to others. For us, it’s more than a mission; it’s a way of life. With our students performing more than 120,000 hours of community service annually, and our alumni serving as leaders in their careers and communities, we can confidently say that Springfield College is a place where leadership and service merge to create meaning in lives.
Our students graduate and conquer.
Not only do Springfield College students leave Alden Street prepared for their next steps, they’re actually taking those steps. Our post-graduation survey found that 96 percent of 2016-17 bachelor degree recipients were either employed or enrolled in graduate school. Our placement rate is 12 percent higher than the national average for schools like us and, on average, higher than other colleges and universities in New England. We’re pretty excited about that, and we know our graduates are, too.
Our students constantly knock it out of the park.
We can’t say enough about the academic performances of our students. One example includes our student-athletes who are regularly recognized for their success both on the field and in the classroom, including, in the 2016-17 academic year, our 657 student-athletes having a cumulative GPA of 3.32 (with 39 of those students earning a perfect 4.0 GPA). Springfield College students are making staggering advancements in their academic programs.
We offer programs to help you excel and accelerate.
Students with their eye on the prize will love our dual degree option programs, which allow students to earn multiple degrees at an accelerated pace.
- Five-year Bachelor of Science/Master of Social Work joint degree option
- Bachelor of Science in health science and Master of Science in occupational therapy in five and a half years
- Master of Business Administration 4+1 program, which offers a bachelor’s degree and MBA in five years
Students gain experience, early and often.
Our students jump into their programs and start their experiential learning in year one. What’s experiential learning? We’re glad you asked. Springfield College students graduate with relevant career experience already on their resumes. Our Department of Physical Education and Health Education faculty and students created and hosted a program that provided home-schooled students with an opportunity to take physical education courses at the College. Our occupational therapy students participate in a community stroke therapy group, also offered on the campus. Our art therapy students connect with individuals in our local elderly care facility to help them develop their creative sides. And that’s just the beginning.
Our numbers back us up.
- We’ve moved up the U.S.News & World Report rankings for “Best Regional Universities—North” for seven-consecutive years. Right now we’re hanging out at number 25.
- We know you want a good deal. And, we have one. U.S.News & World Report ranked us no. 12 in a listing of Best Value Schools for Regional Universities—North. This ranking takes into account the College’s academic quality and net cost of attendance. Come to Springfield College for the high-quality education and the affordable price tag.
- Our graduation rates for our student-athletes are higher than those of our peer schools, putting us at 94 percent and similar schools at 87 percent, according to research done by the NCAA.
- Our dedication to service is no joke. Springfield College is the recipient of the 2016 Presidential Award in the education category of the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. This honor is the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement.
- Our students like it here. That’s likely why we boast an above average retention rate—85 percent of all first-year students on the main campus return.
- Spending time studying pays off. More than two-thirds of all first-year students complete their degree requirements within four years.
- We know you. And you know us. With a 15-to-1 student to faculty ratios, you’re more than just a number here.
- Faculty members value higher education as much as you. In fact, approximately 85 percent of full-time faculty members have earned the highest degrees attainable in their areas of expertise, and 70 percent hold doctorates.
- For 15-consecutive years, the cost of tuition at Springfield College has remained well below average compared to similar private colleges. In addition, for six-consecutive years, the tuition at Springfield College has remained lower than reported College Board national averages.